Monday 21 July 2008

An update on the year so far: January 2008

Despite the fact that it is already July and I have just started blogging I think it would be useful to give a quick overview for some of the year to date.

October and November 2007 saw me working on the setting up of my new web site Ron Walsh Photography.

Having finished off 2007 photographing some weddings in West Cumbria with my old schoolfriend Steve Lavery who has been a pro photographer for some fifteen years, it was soon time to turn my attention to 2008. January 2008 saw a number of things happening.
Firstly, were some late Christmas presents to myself, these being a new Canon L Series 20-70mm lens and a Canon L Series 70-200mm lens for use with my Canon 5D. Having decided on this investment I also felt it was time to upgrade my monitor for clients to view their images on, so the next new piece of kit was a 24" Eizo ColorEdge CE240W monitor.
Next up was the SWPP & BPPA Convention at the Novotel in London. Throughly enjoyed the two days there especially the Doug Gordon lecture.
January 21st was the wedding date for Liz and Al at Kinnaird Estate. The Kinnaird Estate is a fantastic venue in the heart of Perthshire. Snow was forecast but fortunately it held off for the afternoon long enough to complete the photography. Liz was determined to carry on with the photography outdoors despite that fact that it was 1 degree C. Whenever she wasn't being photographed she was huddled inside my down jacket trying to warm up. Additional images from Liz and Al's wedding day at Kinnaird can be seen on my web site;
Ron Walsh Photography Home, Ron Walsh Photography Profile and the Ron Walsh Photography Wedding Gallery pages which are hosted by The Image File.
ron
enquiries@ronwalshphotography.co.uk

ron walsh is a member of the Society of Wedding and Portrait Photographers (SWPP & BPPA)