Wednesday 23 July 2008

Shortlisted for Landscape Photographer of the Year 2008

News just arrived today 22nd July 2008 that one of my landscape entries has been shortlisted for the Landscape Photographer of the Year Award 2008.
During a recent chat with Mark Cargill, Mark asked me if I had put in my entries for The Take a View Competition as they were closing a couple of days later. I had considered putting in a few entries but had just not got round to sorting them out, so on the evening that the competition was closing I sat down and worked on my five entires getting the last one uploaded about an hour before the deadline. To say that I'm pleased at being shortlisted is an understatement considering the reputation this competition has, for me to be selected in this way is an achievement in itself, anything else would just be a fantastic bonus. The successful image can be viewed at Ron Walsh Photography Landscape Galleries. You will find it in Gallery 6 and it shows the rows of stitches in a newly prepared potato field in Fife which I visited one Sunday evening a couple of months ago.
ron

ron walsh is a member of the Society of Wedding and Portrait Photographers (SWPP & BPPA)